Back pain affects people from all walks of life and remains one of the most common reasons for people seeking appointments with their doctors. There are many causes of back pain, yet it is possible to eliminate most people’s back pain through simple exercises.
Back pain patients would be delighted to learn that it is very likely that they can be cured of their back pain without the need to undergo an operation. At Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma, you will find certified physical therapists with what it takes to treat your back pain and eliminate it, making it possible for you to go back to your daily routines in just a few weeks.
Physical therapists at Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma collaborate with a patient’s primary physician towards accurately diagnosing the cause of the back pain and create a customized treatment plan.
Symptoms of Back Pain
- A stabbing pain across the back
- Stiffness, muscle aches, and/or spasms around the back area
- Numbness, tingling, or pain that often extends to the legs
- Pain around your back whenever you lift something
- Pain around your back when you stand or walk
It is possible to temporarily relieve your pain using home remedies, but if you experience unrelenting severe pain, you should consider the idea that the pain could simply be an indication that there is a bigger problem that needs more serious attention. You should consider visiting your doctor immediately if your back pain comes with a significant loss of weight, fever, difficulties walking, or bladder problems.
Patients with acute back pain can experience pain and uncomfortabitliy for as many as six weeks. Chronic pain is more devastating, with patients experiencing excruciating pain, sometimes for over three months.
Causes of Back Pain
More often than not, back pain is caused by structural changes in the body as a result of:
- Arthritis – osteoarthritis remains the most common cause of the back pain most patients experience
- Porous and brittle vertebrae (the bones that make up your spine) referred to as Osteopenia/Osteoporosis
- Ruptured or inflamed discs (though it is not always that they cause pain. The best thing is to talk to us about it before you resign to allowing your MRI to define you.)
- Abnormal curvature or alignment of the spine (Scoliosis)
- Repetitive, muscle straining lifting and twisting
- Local inflammation that puts pressure on a patient’s nerve roots
- Ligament Strain
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive weight
How We Diagnose
Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma has an unwavering commitment to helping you regain your normal function pain-free. After a thorough examination of your back, our qualified physical therapists will work with you to create a customized treatment plan Quite often, such a treatment plan includes manual treatments like cupping, hands-on techniques, instrument-assisted techniques, dry needling and personalized back strengthening plans designed to lead to a customized exercise program you can undertake at home. Contact us today and schedule an appointment with our physical therapists.