Although knee pain is a treatable problem, many people are still suffering from it across the globe. Basically, your knee consists of 3 parts; the upper part, lower part, and the kneecap. To hold these 3 parts together are strong tendons, cartilages, and ligaments that ensure your knee is stabilized.
Any damage or illness that affects these parts leads to knee pain. You don’t have to go through surgery as various hospitals suggest in a bid to curb your pain. Our outstanding physical therapists at Fusion Physical Therapy are specifically trained to deal with such conditions without undertaking you through any surgical operations. So when should you visit us?
When to See Us
You don’t have to wait until you start crawling before you visit us, but see us if you:
- Have some knee swellings
- Discover some deformity in your knee
- Can no longer bear your weight
- Observe some redness on your knee
- Feel your knee is becoming unstable
- Have difficulties extending or flexing your knee
There are various symptoms that can give you some red flags that you need to visit Fusion Physical Therapy:
- Crunching noises
- General weakness
- Warmth at the touch
- Popping noises
- Inability to straighten the knee
What Causes Knee Pain?
The following are the major causes of knee pain and depending on its cause, the pain intensity differs:
- Injuries – this usually affects the tendons and ligaments. Common injuries include ACL injury, fractures, knee bursitis, patellar tendinitis, and torn meniscus.
- Mechanical problems – these may include loose body, dislocation, hip pains, iliotibial band syndrome, and foot pain.
- Diseases – like arthritis and patellofemoral pain syndrome.
These are some of the factors that put you at risk of having knee pain:
- Weak muscles
- Excess weight
- Muscle inflexibility
- A previous knee injury
- Involving yourself in certain sports
What We Do
At Fusion Physical Therapy we use various methods of treatment but the most common is physical therapy. Our qualified physical therapists use diverse techniques to ensure you regain muscle strength, mobility, and normal condition that you had before the injury. This is done after an exclusive examination and diagnosis. They also monitor your condition after visiting us. Contact us today and say goodbye to knee pain.