For individuals who have served in the military, musculoskeletal injuries typically occur at a high rate and are also known as musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). MSDs are caused by the endless vigorous exercises that military personnel undertake in their quest to reach and maintain high fitness levels. MSDs affect the musculoskeletal system of the human body. The system consists of every organ or tissue that enables form, stability, and movement throughout the body. These injuries are one of the typical reasons why soldiers seek appointments with their doctors.
Physical therapy is one of the valuable treatment options for soldiers that agonize with MSDs. Top in the list of physical therapies that military men and women may decide to take up is joint mobilization. Fusion Physical Therapy avails various treatment plans that will help the suffering soldier.
Role of physical therapists for soldiers
Soldiers need more sessions of physical therapy than the average person due to a variety of reasons which include:
- Vigorous workout sessions – To ascertain that the soldiers are fit for battle, they undergo extreme training sessions. During these intense exercises, some end up sustaining deep MSDs that demand instant attention to avoid further injuries and stop the situation from becoming life-threatening.
- Battle wounds – In their service during the battles, soldiers inevitably get wounds and scars. They sustain injuries during combat or even while handling military equipment.
- Living circumstances – Soldiers often live in very tough conditions in their camps, and at times these unfavorable conditions may result in injuries, including back pain. In some of these cases, physical therapy can bring relief.
How we help
At Fusion Physical Therapy, we have qualified and certified physical therapists ready to perform an extensive examination to determine how best to help you. Our comprehensive examination and testing include reviewing the patient’s medical history and their most notable symptoms. The treatment plan may include the following:
- Extreme temperature-based therapy
- Customized home workouts
- Manual therapy
- Pose exercise and movements
- Avoidance education
The physical therapists at Fusion Physical Therapy have many years of experience in diagnosing and treating soldier injuries using the most advanced physical therapies. They will work with you to come up with a personalized treatment plan designed to decrease the pain from your musculoskeletal injuries. Contact us today and schedule your appointment and let us help you get back to your daily activities devoid of any pain.