Back Pain and Physical Therapy
Back pain affects people from all walks of life and remains one of the most common reasons for seeking prescription pain medications. But many patients have found out they didn’t need to resort to medications by going first to physical therapy clinics such as Fusion Physical Therapy, for treatment. Not only do patients avoid getting addicted to certain pain meds, but they also eliminate the need for surgery for chronic pain conditions.
At Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma, certified physical therapists will treat your back pain with customized treatment practices so you can go back to your daily routines in just a few weeks.
Symptoms of serious back pain
- Stabbing pain across the back
- Stiffness, muscle aches, and/or spasms around the lower back area
- Numbness, tingling, or pain that often extends to the legs
- Pain around the back when lifting light to heavy objects
- Pain around the back just by standing or walking
Chronic pain can be disruptive to your life since it can be excruciating, lasting from six weeks to over three months. You can relieve pain with prescribed pain medications – but only temporarily.
If you are experiencing unrelenting severe pain, there may be a bigger problem that needs more serious attention from a specialist. Consider visiting your doctor immediately if you are experiencing a significant loss of weight, fever, difficulty walking, or bladder problems.
Causes of back pain
Back pain is caused by structural changes in the body as a result of:
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis, the most common cause of back pain)
- Porous and brittle vertebrae (Osteopenia/Osteoporosis)
- Abnormal curvature or alignment of the spine (Scoliosis)
- Ruptured or inflamed discs
- Repetitive lifting and twisting that strains muscles
- Local inflammation that stresses nerve roots
- Ligament Strain
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive weight
We can help you
Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma has an unwavering commitment to helping patients regain functional, pain-free lives.
Qualified physical therapists will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that may include manual treatments like cupping, hands-on massage techniques, instrument-assisted massage techniques, dry needling, and personalized back strengthening exercise programs you can do at home.
Let Fusion Physical Therapy help get you “back in the game”. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with a back pain specialist. You’ll be glad you did.