Sports therapy is vital for all sports professionals and all active individuals. Apart from helping to reduce the risk of injuries, sports therapy can also be used to prevent injuries from happening in the first place while enhancing your body’s physical condition.
Here at Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma, our experienced physical therapists deploy a combination of physiological and pathological processes to reverse the damage done by injuries. This allows the athlete to rediscover their pre-injury form in little time.
We offer the following as part of our sports therapy treatment:
- Fitness level assessment
- Test and evaluation of the body areas in focus, to isolate pain and rule out any dysfunction
- Mental and physical preparations ahead of competitions
- Emergency medical aid
- Development and implementation of a bespoke and comprehensive treatment regime
- Injury rehabilitation using manual therapy, electrotherapy and more
- Recommendation for advanced care where necessary
How is Sports Therapy Beneficial to Sports Professionals?
- Psychological improvements: proper sports therapy helps athletes relax mentally and improves their overall mental wellbeing. This allows them to engage in activities without being on edge hence reducing the chances of avoidable injuries occurring.
- Pain and stress management: sports therapy releases endorphins in the body. Endorphins are neurotransmitters that reduce stress and provide pain relief. They are also good mood enhancers.
- Facilitation of lymph and blood flow: optimum levels of lymph and blood flow reduces the chances of delayed muscle fatigue and soreness.
With these benefits, you can see why all athletes and active residents of the Oklahoma area should enroll for sports therapy with our highly experienced professional sports therapists.
Remember, non-athletes can benefit immensely from sports therapy. The chronic pain you are experiencing right now can be resolved by sports therapy. Have you been unable to complete your routine workouts as a result of a restricted range of motion? We can help.
If you’d like to discuss your sports therapy options, get in touch with us now here at Fusion Physical Therapy in Lawton, Oklahoma. We have highly experienced and certified physical therapists that can provide the best sports therapy treatment plan.
Book an appointment with us right away.